We have our own IEEE student chapter. The Staff and Students have joined IEEE. We have conducted a IEEE conference in 2011.
CHAIRMAN -PRATHIP RAJA.A
VISE CHAIRMAN -ANTO ABISHA.J
TREASURER -ASWINI R.A
- AMALA DEVI.A
- POORANA JOTHI.P
- VIGNESHWAR M.R
Fishermen-Students Interactive Session at CAPE Institute of Technology
The Artisanal Deep Sea Fishers IEEE SIGHT (Approval Pending) is organized Fishermen-Students Interactive Session at CAPE Institute of Technology jointly with the IEEE Young Professionals-Madras Section and Association of Deep Sea Going Artisanal Fishermen on 24th February 2015. The main objective of the programme is to develop ideas, concepts, projects and products with the traditional knowledge of fishermen, existing scientific knowhow and engineering expertise. The discussion was mainly focussed on the following points.
- Fishing at sea is the second most dangerous occupation which needs proper attention
- Importance of safeguarding fishers’ life at sea
- Alert mechanism when fishermen are in distress at Sea
- Monitoring of fishing boats voyage, ships etc to avoid accidents
- Way On-board Electronic logbook at Fishing crafts
- Electronic Register, Electronic Receipt and payment
- Need of direct communication system for accessing warning signals, fish location signals on a routine basis
- Ways to minimize the fossil fuel dependency in fisheries
- Alternate material for boat building
- Need for identification of suitable projects for the students to be carried out as part of the curriculum
- Encourage, guide the students for the successful completion of projects
The interaction was let by the fishermen representatives Mr. Elkiyas and Mr. Dennison along with Mr. Vincent Jain. The programme was coordinated by Mr. R.Salamon Roach, Assistant Professor, Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Cape Institute of Technology, Nagercoil. He thanked Professor Darwin Jose Raju, Immediate Past Chairman IEEE Young Professionals-Madras Section for arranging the programme.
The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) is the leading National Professional non-profit making Society for the Technical Education System in our country with the motto of Career Development of Teachers and Personality Development of Students and overall development of our Technical Education System.
The Indian Society for Technical Education is a national, professional, non-profit Society registered under the Indian Societies Registration Act of 1860. First started in 1941 as the Association of Principals of Technical Institutions (APTI), it was converted into “Indian Society for Technical Education” in 1968 with a view to enlarge its activities to advance the cause of Technology education. ISTE has an Executive Council at National level.
The major objective of the ISTE is to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industries and other organisations. Being the only national organisation of educators in the field of Engineering and Technology, ISTE effectively contributes in various missions of the Union Government. The Ministry of Human Resource Development, CTE/Department of Science and Technology/MIT/State Govts. are well associated with the ISTE for programmes relating to technical
- Institutional Membership Fees : Rs.35, 000/-
- Life Membership Fees : Rs.3,000/-
- Student Membership Fees : Rs 250 (Basic + Admission fee)
Coordinator : Mr.G. Murugan